Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Normal :)

I know it is a bit premature to believe that everything is really back to normal, but for a brief window of time, today it felt like it. We did some school. William stayed awake the entire day. Everyone was cheerful and kind to one another. We even went to Walmart. How normal can you get ?

The six oldest younger kids have been absolutely wonderful with the two new boys. Jed is a born teacher and loves taking responsibility to help them learn new things.  Dominic has settled into his role as the oldest brother, who everyone looks to for the final word on everything.  


The boys are working on phonics singing along with Sing, Spell, Read and Write.Ric's mom gave me this vegetable. I have no idea what it is or how to cook it and I really needed a hatchet to chop it open. (Nellie is just posing for me here.)  It looked a bit like applesauce when I finished cooking it, so I added just a touch of brown sugar and cinnamon and the kids liked it. But they will eat just about anything. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to count kids to see who isn't being good to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! Seven......I am not good with numbers :(

    ReplyDelete