Saturday, November 8, 2014

Jet Lag

Yesterday, after 8 hours of sleep, I thought maybe I had avoided jet lag.  Today is beginning to feel like nighttime will never arrive.

Peter is doing wonderfully. He has been playing with the other boys both inside and outside.

He obviously remembers all his grown brothers and sisters as well as nephews and nieces who have come to visit and has responded to everyone with hugs and smiles.

William is not doing so well. Since he went outside and played with the boys yesterday morning he has done nothing but sleep or look totally miserable.   I had Dominic explain to him that it is normal for him to feel very tired and to take alot of naps while his body is getting used to American time.  He ate nearly nothing for breakfast, went back to bed and later threw up his lunch.  At this point I do not know if it is from stress, as it seemed to be during the first few days after we met him, or if he is sick.  I am inclined to believe the former, but since I am not sure I am letting him sleep.

It won't be fun for him to wake up during the night and find us all asleep, but I do not know what else to do. We are planning to go to church in the morning, so perhaps that will give us the structure we need in the morning to help him stay awake at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment